“The Shift”, solo show at W139 Amsterdam.
Visitor moves: sound of a mosquito
Visitor doesn’t move: silence
Open till 9th of September 2011.
I am looking for an intern in Berlin.
Someone who is happy / organized / loves computers / doesn’t smoke.
There are lots of things to do and learn. This internship would involve helping out with BYOB activities & archive and doing research for new website pieces, and anything else that comes up.
I would love to hear from you, please send me an email if you are interested.
Thank you everyone who came out to see the show yesterday!
Photo by René Andreasi Bassi.
1. So Kaburagi – Nikkatsu Theme + Drifter Theme Instrumental (Tokyo Drifter, 1966)
2. Ennio Morricone – Bad Orchestra (Once Upon A Time In The West, 1968)
3. David Lynch & John Neff – Go Get Some (Mulholland Drive, 2001)
4. John Carpenter – Moochie’s Death (Christine, 1983)
5. John Carpenter – Main Title (Assault On Precinct 13, 1976)
6. David Paich (Toto) – Paul Meets Chani (Dune, 1984)
7. Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross – The Gentle Hum of Anxiety (The Social Network, 2010)
8. Johnny Hawker – Romper Stomper Theme (Romper Stomper, 1992)
9. Johnny Hawker – Dead Nazi March (Romper Stomper, 1992)
10. Popol Vuh – Die Nacht Der Himmel (Nosferatu, 1979)
11. Popol Vuh – On The Way (Nosferatu, 1979)
12. Nino Rota – L’Uccello Magico (Il Casanova di Federico Fellini, 1976)
13. Ennio Morricone – Death Rattle (Once Upon A Time In The West, 1968)
14. Vangelis – Main Title And Prologue (Blade Runner, 1982)
15. Vangelis – The Prodigal Son Brings Death (Blade Runner, 1982)
16. Wagner – Die Walkure, Ride of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now, 1979)
Saturday July 30, at 3 pm, I will do an artist talk/ lecture at W139. I will talk about my online works, translating/ optimizing web pieces for exhibition spaces, BYOB, web strategies, social networks, and I will close it all off with a new series called “Youtube Associations”. That means I play a Youtube on the projection screen, and everyone in the audience is invited to choose the next one, playing all kinds of videos for about an hour. I did it a few weeks ago at a talk in Chicago and I was amazed how much fun it was.
Hope to see you there!
W139, Warmoestraat 139, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
“The Shift” opens July 29, 9 pm.
Artist talk July 30, 3 pm.
Photos by Selena McKenzie.
Exactly one week from now, Friday July 29,
is the opening of my exhibition “The Shift” at W139 in Amsterdam, Warmoestraat 139.
I’m not going to tell you what I will show, it’s a surprise, but it’s a brand new installation and it’s different from what I’ve done so far. Hope to see you there!
I’m not at liberty to disclose what I am holding in my hand here…
I’m starring in an ad, more info in a few weeks.